Applying to Lab
2017 Lottery Results
Updated Admissions Status as of June, 23, 2017
2017-2018 Lottery Results are now available:
Please do not call or email about the waitlist or your admissions status between March - June.
We wish we could address all questions/concerns about waitlist movement personally, because we understand how curious and even anxious you may be. Since our waitlist is quite large, we are unable to field a large volume of phone calls and emails about waitlist movement while still giving our current students our time and attention. If any movement happens, we will update the waitlist above by the 1st of each month beginning in April. Know that if a seat becomes available, and your lottery codes is selected, we will use every phone number and e-mail address on your application to contact you. You are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org if that contact information changes. Thank you for honoring this request!
My lottery code has been admitted! What are the next steps?
- You will be notified via email and/or phone of your admissions status, along with any documentation Charlotte Lab School needs from you in order to complete your enrollment.
My lottery code is on the waitlist. What do I need to do?
- You will also be notified via email and/or phone of your admissions status, and we will use all the information we have on file to contact you if your lottery code is admitted in the future.
Why are there empty seats in some grade levels on the Admitted List?
- The empty seats shown on our Admitted Lottery Codes document are reserved for and will be filled with applicants who qualify for the Socioeconomic Diversity Preference. At this time, we have fewer applicants than we have seats available.
How long will it take before I hear if my lottery code moves off the waitlist?
- We cannot tell you when any movement on the waitlist might happen. We will update the admitted & waitlist by the 1st of each month beginning in April. Once the lists are updated, we will contact you via email and/or phone with next steps.
I cannot find my lottery code on either sheet! What should I do?
- After opening either document on a PC, press ctrl+F OR on a Mac, press the apple icon+F: a small window will pop up that says "find" - enter your lottery code and the computer will show you where it is located on the sheet.
Why are all of the lottery codes that begin with the number "3" admitted?
- Our first admissions preference goes to siblings of our current students. All lottery codes that begin with a number "3" represent a sibling of a Lab student. This year, all siblings were admitted prior to the lottery.